Have you ever wondered what benefits you can get if you consume a collagen supplement that, in addition to having the benefits of this protein, gives you the advantages that matcha contains.
Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen can be a great option for you, there are many types of collagen supplements, collagen peptides, marine collagen, bovine collagen, even brands have been responsible for developing vegan collagen, and well in this case, collagen with matcha .
Surely if you are a lover of this type of tea, you are going to love trying it, but before you dare to do it, we have a guide on everything you need to know on the subject.
For example, how many grams of collagen does a serving of the supplement provide or the differences that exist between a normal collagen supplement compared to one that also contains matcha.
If you are interested in the subject, then this article is perfect for you.
What is Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen?
Vital Proteins is an American company which was founded by its CEO Kurt Seidensticker in order to share with the rest of the people the benefits that he obtained when he incorporated collagen supplements into his lifestyle.
Some of the main characteristics of the collagen supplements offered by Vital Proteins are: 100% grass-fed cattle and fish from Alaska; which gives higher quality to their products.
As for its collagen with matcha, it has been carefully elaborated with matcha of Japanese origin, in addition to that it was tested three times, for its antioxidants on top of improving the health of the skin, hair, joints and nails, it can prevent cell damage .
You should know that in addition to all this, matcha tea contains 137 times more antioxidants compared to other green teas. And with each serving you consume, your body gets 10 grams of collagen.
Benefits of matcha collagen
As you imagine, when you mix collagen and matcha in a supplement, the benefits of it are enhanced, because as we mentioned earlier, matcha tea contains hundreds of antioxidants that your body absorbs each time you consume it.
But if you want to know more, in the following paragraphs we explain the rest of the benefits.
How do antioxidants work in the body? Antioxidants carry electrons to the free radicals in your body, what happens later is that the effects of oxidation are neutralized.
On the other hand, if you are one of those who needs a little help to have more energy during the morning but you do not like coffee or hate its side effects, Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen contains 60 mg of caffeine in each serving you take, that is all the benefits of coffee without irritating your stomach or causing anxiety.
Another contribution of collagen with matcha is that it works as an ‘anti-aging’, since although collagen is a great ally in these cases, matcha exponentially enhances these effects as it protects DNA against sun and metabolic damage. .
On the other hand, every time you consume collagen with matcha you are not only protecting your skin, hair, bones and joints; If not, you are also detoxifying your body, since matcha contains fiber which makes it an alternative to keep your digestive system in good condition, in addition to this, chlorophyll works to remove toxins from your body.
If losing weight is also among your goals, collagen can help you control your appetite, when combined with matcha they are the perfect dynamic duo since matcha is responsible for accelerating your metabolism, burning fat and increasing your energy.
→ Also, have a look at our review of Marine Collagen from Vital Proteins
How to prepare collagen with matcha?
There are different and delicious types of collagen with matcha that make the consumption of this type of supplement rich and fun and of course do not get bored and do not forget to take it.
Here we share some of them.
1 -Truffles with Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 2 tablespoons of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 100gr of natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 2/3 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 10 drops of stevia extract
- 30 gr. 100% or 70% cocoa chocolate from Green Republic
- 20 gr. coconut butter
- Mix peanut butter with milk and stevia to form a paste, add Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen, almond flour and coconut flour.
- Make balls and freeze for 15 min.
- Melt chocolate with coconut butter and cover balls.
2 – Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen Mousse
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- Sweetener, can be monk fruit
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 sachet of hydrated granatin.
- Combine the cream, cheese, sweetener, gelatin and collagen in the blender.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses
3 – Collagen Matcha Dark Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups
- 2.5 ounces 85% dark chocolate bars (can be Turin Zero)
- 1 tablespoon of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter (or 1/4 cup melted coconut oil)
- Put just one chocolate bar in a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate melts. You can also melt the chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat; stirring frequently.
- Melt the coconut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Once it melts, add 1 tablespoon of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each cup on top of the chocolate. Return to the freezer while you melt the remaining chocolate bar.
- Add about 1/2 tablespoon over the melted chocolate and use a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly over the top and near the sides.
- Freeze for 5 minutes until solid. Once the cups are firm, you can store them in the refrigerator until ready to eat.